It’s a wrap for 2022, the 16 year for Bikes For Kids! More than 400 bikes/trikes were made ‘Santa Ready’ on our Domestique Day on December 3 for the Holiday Program with North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC). Bike Alpharetta, along with more than 200 volunteers and community partners, collected, repaired and provided hundreds of previously-loved bikes/trikes to NFCC’s Toyland for families in need. The program began in 2007 when the Mullenbach family in Johns Creek collected 65 bicycles in their garage. ALL items cleaned & repaired in ONE DAY.
Since 2007, volunteers with Bikes For Kids have provided 4,713 bicycles, tricycles and scooters, as well as 1,868 new youth helmets, all free of charge to NFCC.
In addition to gently-used, or even new youth bicycles and tricycles, Bike Alpharetta uses monetary donations to purchase new helmets, as it is a Georgia law that children 15 years of age or younger must wear a helmet when operating a bicycle.
QUESTIONS? Please email us at BikesForKids@bikealpharetta [dot] org
PHOTO GALLERY? Yes, we have lots of images of the elves at work to make 403 bike/trikes Santa Ready. Visit our Facebook Page for the latest – click here.
Thank you for your donation – print tax-deductible receipt here
- REI Co-op – 7531 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta
- Cannon Cyclery – 1000 Northfield Ct Suite 150, Roswell
- Fresh Bike Service – 1575 Old Alabama Rd #209, Roswell
- Pedego Electric Bikes – 6480 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta
- Reality Bikes – 20 Tri-County Plaza, Cumming
- Roswell Bicycles – 670 Houze Way, Roswell
- Whitetail Bicycles & Cyclery Cafe – 770 Mid Broadwell Rd, Milton
Refurbished and new bicycles/tricycles, as well as new helmets and locks, were provided to North Fulton Community Charities and its annual Santa Shop. Bicycles are the No. 1 requested gift item from families!
Leave a Reply