|We celebrate another year of advocacy in Alpharetta, Georgia on July 25 as Bike Alpharetta turns 9! |
Even with limitations due to the coronavirus pandemic, Bike Alpharetta continues to advocate for safer bicycle infrastructure in our community and to support local cyclists of all ages and abilities. Our work is even more important now as there are more families cycling together and new cyclists taking up the sport!
Here’s a quick recap of some of our accomplishments this past year:
– Bikes for Kids: Nearly 300 used bikes rescued for needy Fulton kids
– Adopt-A-Mile: De-littering the next to roads for cyclists and pedestrians
– Zen Rides: Casual Greenway rides for everyone
– Beginner’s Ride: Helping newcomers learn how to ride safely
– Infrastructure: Advising and advocating with the City of Alpharetta
– Endorsing Bike Trail study for North Point Mall connectivity
– Westside Parkway striping for bike lanes
– Bike lanes/shoulder advice for Rucker Road
– Start of Kimball Br construction (to include bike lane!)
– Bethany/Mayfield bike lane configuration
– Alpha Loop bike repair stations
– Greenway expansion (underway!)
Cycling advocacy is super hard work, and we really thank all of our past volunteers and board members for their insight and time. Thank you also to the City of Alpharetta for continuing to make Alpharetta an Awesome place to ride bikes!